Thanks for a great 2019 Annual Workshop! Tune in next spring for more information on the 2020 Annual Workshop.
Workshop presentations will be posted below as they become available.
2019 Annual Workshop: Stormwater Management and Your Lake or Pond
Friday April 12th, 2019
8 AM to 4 PM
Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife Headquarters
1 Rabbit Hill Road
Westborough, MA 01581
MA COLAP will be hosting our annual workshop at the LEED certified Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife Headquarters in Westborough, MA. Workshop talks will address how stormwater affects Massachusetts lakes and ponds. Directions to the building can be found on the MassWildlife webpage.
The conference agenda is now available. Presentations and topics include:
- DCR Update on AIS in the State Lakes System, Jim Straub, DCR
- Think Blue Massachusetts Public Education Campaign, Kerry Reed, Think Blue
- Worcester’s Blue Spaces Initiative: The Case for a Municipal Lakes and Ponds Management Program, Jacquelyn Burmeister, City of Worcester
- MS4 – It’s Not Just for DPW Anymore, Frederick Civian, MassDEP
- Cyanobacteria – Too Much of a Good Thing, Amanda Mahaney, SOLitude Lake Management
- Where Did my Beach Go!?!, Carl Nielsen, ESS Group, Inc.
- Don’t Leave It To Beaver: Comprehensive Pond Restoration in the Face of Wildlife-enhanced Stormwater Impacts, Matt Ladewig, ESS Group, Inc.
- Lake Iron Nodules in New England Lakes and Ponds, Jonathan Higgins, Higgins Environmental Associates, Inc.
- MassDOT Stormwater Best Management Practices, Oona Gaffney and Joe Yoo, MassDOT
- Eutrophication, Cyanobacteria, and Floating Wetlands, Max Rome, Northeastern University